Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Book Review: "The Fix Up" by Kendall Ryan

* - I have to get this out straight up. I disliked the hero, Sterling Quinn, enough that it ruined this book for me. The blurb is also a bait-and-switch and that made me really angry, because I only picked this book out due to the "friendship" angle.

This book is described as friends-become-lovers, but it was really just acquaintances-beating-around-the-bush.

Camryn is hired to work for Sterling, who is a playboy bachelor but for reasons I won't spoil, is looking to get off the market. They met through mutual friends and have great chemistry. They deny this chemistry and ignore the obvious for no good reason, and for most of the book.

The book was mostly okay, if you ignore the fact that the storyline lacks any credibility. And that Sterling is written to be so conflicting. He's British, but what kind of British? He appears to have been raised in a well-to-do family, but drops his 'h's. And so many phrases thrown in just to reinforce how British he is, even though he's been in America for years. It is as if she had a list of British phrases she wanted to include and ticked them off one by one.

Yet another story with a dilemma that would have been fixed with one simple, honest conversation. I don't recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment